Have you heard of an emergency passport? This type of document exists to assist travelers in some specific situations. See what they are and how to order!
If you are an international traveler, you know that you have a specific document that you can not miss in your suitcase: your passport. Unless the trip is to one of the countries that do not require a passport, without it you will not cross the border. But we know that unforeseen events can happen and, at some point, we need to move out of Brazil as quickly as possible. At these times, it may be that our passport has expired or we have not even taken the document. And, within normal deadlines, the waiting time to get it in hand is too long.
To avoid an even bigger problem, there is an urgent passport, but only for specific situations. Are you booked and need to know how to take? Then follow the text and follow our tips!😉
Situations for applying for an emergency passport
Before thinking of ordering one, you need to understand which situations fall into this category. After all, nobody wants to have a denied request, right?
The Federal Police are responsible for issuing emergency or normal passports, and it is this that determines these situations. Briefly, the emergency is only in cases that could not be foreseen and were not created by the person requesting the document. Let’s go to them.
- natural disasters;
- armed conflicts;
- need for immediate travel for the health of the person, his spouse or relative to the second degree;
- for the protection of its assets (which does not include the mere loss of tickets, lodging etc);
- by need of work;
- for humanitarian aid;
- interest of the public administration;
- or another emergency situation that could not be foreseen and that the postponement of the trip causes inconvenience to the applicant.
Now, if you purchased your airline ticket for a trip before applying for or renewing your passport and it will not be ready on time, this is not considered an emergency. The loss or damage of your passport by carelessness also does not fit as a valid situation for applying for the urgent passport.
What documents are required?
Firstly, you will need all the documents that are already commonly required to issue a common passport. Are they:
- an identification document (old passport if any, CNH, work card, ID or professional card);
- proof of regular electoral situation;
- reservist certificate (for men);
- request protocol.
In addition to these, you also need a document proving the emergency. In case of illness of relatives or yours, just take the medical certificate. When it comes to job need, you need a company letter. In other cases, you may carry an expert report, a letter or an original document. Be careful not to have your application rejected!
Important information to know
Unlike the ordinary passport, you do not need to schedule to apply for the emergency passport. Just go to a Federal Police service desk with the documents in hand. The GRU tab is issued and paid at the same time.
Attention! Not all PF service stations make the document. See on the agency’s website the nearest point to you.
What is the cost and how long is it valid?
The emergency passport has a value of $ 334.42 and has a shorter validity of only one year. It is also not possible to renew it, so be prepared to get a regular passport after this period.
What is the production time of the emergency passport?
Precisely because it is required in emergency situations, the passport is ready within 24 working hours. Delivery is only made to the holder of the document and in person at the post where the request was made.
Document is NOT accepted in all countries.
Because it is considered to be a “simpler” and less organ-verified document, there are some countries that do not accept the emergency passport. To avoid a vain effort, always remember to renew your passport before it expires so you don’t have to go through this situation.
If you still need to issue the document, contact your country’s consulate to make sure you accept it.
In the case of travel to Europe, we already note that unfortunately the countries that are part of the Schengen Treaty do not accept the entry of Brazilians with emergency passports. According to COUNTRYAAH, they are:
- Czech republic
- Music in Central America - Grenada Music life is dominated by calypso and its modern variant soca. It also plays a lot of reggae, dancehall and other electronic dance music. Two internationally renowned musicians from Grenada are the calypso singer Mighty Sparrow (born 1935) and the reggae artist David Emmanuel. The island of Carriacaou has a vibrant old dance and...
- Belgium Arts and Literature - Literature, drama and theater in the Dutch language From the Middle Ages there are songs (among other things in the Antwerp songbook, published 1544), ballads, knight novels, fables, animal poetry, legends, dramas, farces, mystery games, miracle games and didactic literature preserved. Culture flourished during this time, mainly in the southern parts of the language area....
- Bosnia and Herzegovina Arts and Literature - Literature The literature in Bosnia and Herzegovina is closely related to other South Slavic literature and has often been treated as part of the Serbian and Croatian literature, respectively. The first known books are church books that date to the 12th century and are mostly written in the Kyrgyz language with Glagolitic or Cyrillic writing....
- Bulgaria Arts and Literature - Literature The older Bulgarian literature written on Church Slavic experienced a golden age as early as the 9th century, during the then 865 Greek Orthodox First Bulgarian Empire, and underwent a new upswing with the culmination of the 13th century before the Turkish conquest of 1396. The literary The activities during these stages were linked...
- Denmark Arts and Literature - Literature The historian Saxo, who produced around 1200 his Latin work “Gesta Danorum” (“The Danes’ farms”, completed before 1222) was inspired by the Valdemartiden’s national renaissance. In order to contribute to the royal family’s consolidation, he put together his work that covered both the Danish myth and legend and the history of the Danish kings...
- Estonia Arts and Literature - Literature A considerable amount of Estonian folk poetry, which is mainly lyrical, has been collected. Folk poetry has continuously influenced Estonian lyricism and in part formed the basis for FR Kreutzwald’s national epic “Kalevipoeg” (1857-61). The period of national awakening (1860–85) is characterized by the influence of late German romance. The social struggle was reflected...
- Finland Arts and Literature - Literature The literature of Finland is written in three languages: Latin, Swedish and Finnish. Up to the major victims (1713-21), 60% of the books were in Latin, 30% in Swedish and 10% in Finnish. THE MIDDLE AGES The Latin Saint Henry legend of the 13th century is the oldest known literary text from Finland “Missale...
- France Arts and Literature - Literature THE MIDDLE AGES The oldest preserved literature in French dates back to the 8th century and consists of religious texts translated from Latin. Only with fully developed feudalism in the 11th century did more significant original poetry emerge. The epic was the important genre. The oldest is the epic about war deeds, chansons they...
- Greece Arts and Literature - Literature, drama and theater The first centuries after the fall of Byzantium The linguistic conditions that prevailed from the time of the birth of Christ cause Greek literature from the late Middle Ages to appear in varying language costumes, archaic, popular or mixed. Western influences began to manifest themselves in form and content, especially in...
- Iceland Arts and Literature - Literature From land name time to about 1200 The Norwegian settlers who set course for Iceland from the end of the 8th century brought home a rich flora of traditions and memories. A large part of these were fairy tales, ie. stories of both historical and fictional nature; an important feature was the goddess and...